- Whitehorse Chase And Crash Results In Charges
- Yukon Miners Converge In Vancouver
- New Alaska Governor Talks Yukon
- Leef Supports Harrison Inclusion In Nat. Art Gallery
- Yukon Booze Businesses Get A Break
Yukon Liqour Corporation is slashing the price of booze for bar owners and the hospitality sector.
Starting February 1st, Restaurants and Licensed businesses who sell alcohol will now be able to purchase booze 10 per cent off the retail price.
Yukon Chamber of Commerce President Peter Turner says while it is uncertain if this will make drinks cheaper for customers, it will help businesses out when stocking their bars.
He says this will give those businesses more profitability, and in turn, they can hire more staff.
Turner says this brings the Yukon Hospitality Sector more in line with the rest of Canada.
In B.C. Alcohol prices are 10 to 30 per cent cheaper for liqour...Read More