Now Playing

On Air

96.1 The Rush

Midnight - 6:00am

Message

Yukon's Chief Medical Officer of Health Announces New COVID Cases in Yukon

Dr. Brendan Hanley announces 2 more cases of COVID-19 in Yukon. Photo by Alistair Maitland Photography.

Dr. Brendan Hanley announced 2 more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Yukon.

Yukon's Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Brendan Hanley announced early Monday afternoon that 2 more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in the territory, both linked to travel. 

The two individuals returned to Whitehorse after traveling outside the territory and had been self-isolating when they began experiencing symptoms. The positive tests were confirmed on Sunday. 

In a release, YG says that contact tracing has been completed and Yukon Communicable Disease Control (YCDC) has been in touch with all contacts. 

The government says the risk to the public has not increased because of these two cases but is reminding everyone to consider using the COVID-19 assessment tool if they are experiencing symptoms, however mild they may be. 
 

More from Local News

Weather

Recently Played