- Elaine Wyatt Loses Battle With Cancer
- YDC Narrow List For Potential Sites
- NDP Accuse Yukon Party Of Back-Room Deal
- Whitehorse Man Wants Better Education Funding
- NWT NDP MP Doesn't Agree With Bill S6
A Whitehorse man is speaking out on behalf of his daughter.
Russ Hobbis' nine-year old daughter Molly was diagnosed with autism at a young age and attends Jack Hulland elementary.
Hobbis said that since kindergarten Molly has had an Education Assistant to support her throughout her school days, but this year because of a lack of staff she's without an EA.
He said it's impacted his daughter in a negative way, going from having one or two meltdowns in the last year to now a couple times a week.
Hobbins said he's had two meetings with Education Minister Elaine Taylor and deputy minister Val Royale but it hasn't made any difference, and an EA has even been cut from Jack Hulland.
He said YG needs to...Read More