- FASD Bill Pulled; Heading To Committee
- New Commander Of Dawson RCMP
- Contract Awarded For New Seniors Residence
- Boreal Compost Sends Open Letter
- Stay Safe On Ice This Winter
Construction on a new seniors residence in Whitehorse is set to start.
The four-storey, 48-unit residence will be build energy efficient and with accessibility in mind and will be built on Front Street near the Ogilvie Street intersection.
The $11.5-million dollar contract has been awarded to a Whitehorse firm, NGC Builders.
The residence is set to open its doors next fall, and will be the second new seniors residence in Whitehorse in two years after the Alexander Street residence officially opened last week.Read More